Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ek soch..

A complete farzi engineer and a aadha farzi MBA... thats what I have become ... I always think- "Is classroom study that important or am I incapable of understanding anything from what is being taught in so-called formal educational institutions?". will i be able to force my next generation to "educate themselves in schools and colleges when i have not learnt anything ??".
Well, the mystery is still unsolved.
Still, the desire(no parential/peer pressure) to make myself saleable in the market made me prepare for MBA... and I made sure I sneak into IIFT,Delhi... :D

19th march,2009 was a day of mixed feelings..... First, I was responsible for Annihilators lose a match(I scored a 0 and gave 28runs in 1 over), which gave me an abominable feel the entire evening....and the next was a result which iift.edu published showing my name on the list of successful candidates.....
and the first thing i did was STARTED COUNTING THE NUMBER OF GIRLS WHO HAVE ALSO QUALIFIED!!!!!!!
The infamous faltu of the batch made it to one of the premier B-schools was the talk to entire batch...
12th april,2010, my first day at Unicon, we were seated infront of the receptionist’s desk, aur meri nazar padi entry door ka bagal k finger print detecter pe(receptionist was not preety)… which meant that its difficult to bunk… how can I lend my finger to somebody for a proxy??
The guy who interviewed me came minutes later and we started talking on diverse topics which started from the profiles we got to girlfriends to daru to hobbies(somehow I couldn’t make him understand that drinking is my hobby).
Then the BOSS, the country head Biz. Dev. @ Unicon(he is an Alumni of IIFT) met us and we had a nice KT session…. Somehow I was impressed by what he said over the next 2 hours….”the stuffs you guys learn at B-School are theoretical and are not realistic enough for a business to survive… an individual who can’t manage people ,can’t mingle with the clients… can’t survive in the industry”

For once I felt that our wavelengths match.


To be contd………………………

1 comment:

lets see what i write said...

serious food for thought....is it??
Probably its high tym u or rather all of us realise that these degrees end up just like rubber stamps on our CVs...
I realised sitting in a reputed company's office...looking at my boss gossiping day in and day out..or some of the senior members of the staff FBing their time in the office...well...how much are we gonna learn and how much is going to be actually applied is a BIG question :)