Tuesday, April 27, 2010

what is my internship all about??

And after all the drama circumscribing Chiluka dozing off in the office and me showing it to the entire IIFT‘09 fraternity, we had to pack our bags (not as punishment but a part of our internship)and move our asses out of Delhi….
So, my trip to Chandigarh had begun….
I was more worried about the heat factor than it being a new place for me…. I thought “dost to bann hi jaenge, bas ek baar baith k daru peene ki der hai”..
Dearest Malhariji met me in the bus-stand and we roamed around all the sectors looking for a PG. Money was the last thing that mattered to me, I was more concerned whether my land lord/lady is lenient enough to allow SUTTA and daru (ofc)..luckily I found one retired air-force officer’s house who asks me to come down and drink with him someday(meri chandi)..
Then came some nice moments… I was wandering in the sector 35B market (unicon has its office there), when I heard someone calling my name, it was Dhruv Bhola(my mentor)…we talked about everything except the internship and next day we went to Jalandhar and some unpronouceable places in Punjab… the 10 hours we spent that day extended my friend list to INFINITY+1.
On Wednesday, I went to the Chandigarh office for the first time and I found that the only guy working diligently was the one who offers tea/coffee/samosa/etc (this guy even reads the ET!!)…while everybody is busy discussing IPL,politics,etc etc... Dhruv’s most FAQ is always “kaafi der ho gaya hai, sutta marne chale?” and I luved it ;)
Next day, we travelled to Kurukshetra ,Karnal, Panipat and Ambala… too much of driving…. But I learned some nuances of a sales job..how to deal with your business partners(a jargon of brokerage industry, it basically means a distributer), to understand their problems and make a smiling face(always)  Dhruv’s favourite question while driving is always “yaar ek cigg jalao mere liye, aur ha(pause) apne liye bhi”
That was basically the last working day for me, after that my mentor has kept himself too much busy(no worder he is the Asst. VP and heads the entire north zone; he works his ass out)
So, what have I been doing for the last 5 days??hmm, sleeping, playing cricket, watching cricket, smoking as I have never smoked previously(I will reduce;promise),drinking,roaming around this lovely city(lekin akele, don’t be jealous),eating lots of delicious food,reading books,watching movies,calling on all my friends and even talking with my parents for 10-15 mins everyday(just to pass time) …
And ya, inspite of this busy lifestyle of mine, I forgot to wish my sister on her birthday(it happened for the 23rd time :P)…..
“ALL PLAY AND NO WORK IS MAKING ME A DULL BOY”- is it or is it not? pata nahi , dekhte hain..

Cheers
jishu

1 comment:

Abhishek Anupam said...

:) .. You are undergoing the most typical kind of internship..Actually , in my opinion internships are a regular CSR activity that the organizations indulge into. What do you say buddy ??