Monday, December 21, 2009

23 long years....




As I turn 23 this Christmas eve, I am wondering….@@###%%.. Which year has turned me on the most??
Was it 2004 ,the year I turned 18, was eligible to smoke as per my mom (I asked her once when I was 8 “When shall I start smoking and the answer was – not before 18”)?
Was it 2007 ,the year I turned 21 and gained the legal right to lose my virginity??
Is it 2009, the year I became a ‘farzi’ B-TECH and got into IIFT,Delhi? and felt like being in love for the first time??

I have always taken my life as it came , never shown any pro-activeness….. no future planning of sorts…
Always been an average student at school.. the only child of working parents…. My life was pretty much independent till the time I stayed in Ranchi….
The defining moment came, when I moved to Haldia for my engineering…. And that has really changed my attitude , my perspective towards life……
For a guy who has always stayed alone since the age of 5, this was a different experience- ‘sharing things with people’….. I guess it was my upbringing that has taught me to adapt quickly and make friends super quickly….
I got my best buddies at college ,I got awesome roomies and we made sure rules @ college is not going to fuck our happiness, we are going to rule for the next 4 years and not worry much about what is in store for us in future…. We dealt in all types of acts in college which, if sanity prevailed can’t even be thought of….. Chetan Bhagat’s “5 point someone” will be subsumed if I deciede to pen down my experiences at college life….
Everything has got a negative side. Our rate of activities gathered pace and the propensity of befriending with gals decreased at an incremental rate. I still remember the words Ms Anindita Ghosal said “aamar theke dure thaak, aamar bhoye lage(let me translate this in English- stay away from me , I feel nervous being infront of a drunkard like you)”
Falling in love and having girlfriends in college was a not destined for me. This doesn’t mean I was averse to girls…. “Commitment” was always a tough term when it meant being in relationship with me….
Came 3rd year and I suddenly started thinking very seriously about my life…… I managed a few MBA aspirants in my “chill and cazz” college people… preparing for CAT did not mean we are short of enjoyment….but I made sure I balanced my padhaai likhai with my fun part….
And it was end of March’09 when IIFT let out its results and I was in …… my new journey had begun…. My stepping stone towards a so-called corporate life…
Sitting here in surat and thinking about my past, I would commit that P5-207 and its inmates have been my greatest influence in me…..even more than my parents…
Haldia Institute of Technology taught me how to survive even in the toughest of conditions…… dealing with strangest of people……

Cheers

Tanmoy..

1 comment:

Abhishek Anupam said...

I totally agree with u yaar. Days in P5 had the deepest influence on our lives that can never be erased.Thanks 4 writing these blogs..They remind me of the days I spent in heaven...